- 1 bay leaf crushed
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds (or rosemary)
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ lbs. fingerling potatoes halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 4 Tbl. olive oil divided
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken legs, thigh and drumstick about 3 lbs.
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pulse bay leaf, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes in spice mill until finely ground.
- Toss potatoes, olives, 2 Tbls. oil, and half of the spice mixture in large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet and rub with remaining 2 Tbl. oil; season with salt and pepper and rub with remaining spice mixture.
- Arrange potato mixture around chicken. Roast until potatoes are fork-tender, chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp, 35-45 minutes. Serve chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest, and more red pepper flakes, if desired; spoon pan juices around.