- 1-2 pounds large shrimp (raw) peeled, deveined, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons scallion whites minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup scallion greens thinly sliced
- Sauté shrimp in 1 tablespoon oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until pink and beginning to curl, 2-3 minutes; remove from pan. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add scallion whites and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in orange juice, ginger, and zest. Reduce mixture until it measures ½ cup when strained, 3-5 minutes; discard solids. Return juice to pan.
- Whisk together coconut milk and cornstarch; stir into juice in pan, add red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook sauce until slightly thickened. Season sauce with salt.
- Toss shrimp in sauce, stir in scallion greens, and cook 1-2 minutes more. Serve shrimp with cooked rice or rice noodles.