Excellent served in Graham Cracker Tuiles!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup key lime juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- lime zest minced, from 1 lime
- Melt butter for the curd in a double boiler over medium-high heat. Add yolks (reserve 2 whites for the tuiles), whole eggs, juice, and sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- Beat cream and sugar for the mousse until stiff peaks form. Fold cream, cold curd, and zest together in large bowl. Cover and chill until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve mousse in graham cracker tuiles and garnish as desired.