- 4 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces sharp Cheddar shredded
- 2 ounces American cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- Cook macaroni in a pot of boiling salted water according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add jalapeño and garlic; cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk to incorporate, then stir in Cheddar and American cheese.
- Cook sauce, stirring frequently, until thick and cheese is melted. Stir in cooked macaroni; season with salt.