- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts skin removed
- 2 stalks celery strings removed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ medium onion finely minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- lettuce leaves for serving
- paprika optional
- Simmer the chicken in water (or chicken broth if you have it), then reserve for making soup later on. Do not allow the water or broth to boil.
- Meanwhile, remove the strings from the celery and dice it into ⅓ inch dice. Wash and chop the cilantro. Peel and dice or mince the onion and garlic. Stir the curry powder, onion, and garlic into the mayonnaise, mixing well.
- Remove the chicken from the pan using a slotted spoon. Dice into bite sized chunks. Add to the mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Arrange a few perfect lettuce leaves in the center of a salad dish. Scoop the chicken mixture onto the center. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika (we like to use either the Hungarian or smoked paprika) and top with a sprig of cilantro. Or serve on croissants!