From food.com. We didn’t cook the chicken on the grill but rather sauteed it in the pan before adding the jalapeño and sauce ingredients. We also omitted the salt in the sauce and used salted butter instead of unsalted.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 piece minced ginger (1 inch long)
- 6 bamboo skewers (6-inch)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño chile minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Thread chicken on skewers, and marinate (in the refrigerator) for an hour or so.
- Discard marinade.
- For sauce, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add garlic & jalapeño; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala & salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream; simmer to thicken- about 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning occasionally, to cook through - about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers; add to sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with basmati rice, naan or pita bread.