- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ medium onion cut in thin wedges
- ½ medium red pepper cut in strips
- ½ medium yellow pepper cut in strips
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 chicken breast fillets cut into 3 x ½-inch strips
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 7 ounces vermicelli
- ⅜ cup cream or half & half
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet melt butter. Blend until sizzling. Stir in onion, peppers and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until pepper are crisply tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet with slotted spoon. Set aside, reserving juices in pan.
- Add chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly browned and fork-tender.
- Prepare pasta as per package directions; drain. Add vegetables, half & half, and cheese to chicken mixture. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking until cheese is melted. Add pasta; toss gently. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.