- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons oil or melted butter
- 1 egg beaten with the oil or butter
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In another smaller bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix very briefly until almost smooth.
- Bake by ladlefuls in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Turn over when bubbles start to form on top of the batter. Watch closely because the pancakes can burn quickly.
- Serve with syrup, cheese and/or fruit. Makes 8-10 pancakes.