All measures are approximate and more or less of each ingredient can be used as desired. Cooked salmon fillet, canned tuna or diced chicken or turkey may be substituted for shrimp.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp coarsely diced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ½ medium red pepper finely diced
- 1 large celery stalk finely diced
- 1 large hard-boiled egg finely diced
- 4½ ounces frozen baby peas
- 2½ tablespoons sour cream
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in salted water until tender (don’t overcook), drain and let cool. Gently blend in shrimp, onion, red pepper, celery, egg and peas.
- In a cup, mix together sour cream and mayonnaise, then gently stir a spoonful at a time into the macaroni and shrimp mixture until all ingredients are well coated. Serve chilled.