These are adapted from the Joy of Baking website. Everything from that site comes out perfectly for me! I also want to try these with wild blueberry and sour cherry jam.
- 113 grams (½ cup) unsalted butter room temperature
- 205 grams (1 cup) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 165 grams (1¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 180 grams (2 cups) old fashioned rolled oats divided
- 240 ml (1 cup) raspberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in center of oven. Butter or line a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 155 grams (1¾ cups) of the rolled oats.
- Press ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the oatmeal base.
- To the remaining dough add the rest of the rolled oats. Crumble this mixture evenly over the top of the raspberry jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until nicely browned (27 minutes was perfect for me). Cool on a wire rack, then cut into squares.
- Best if made the day before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.