Tips: use parchment paper to line the pan, grease and flour it. After the cake is baked, place a clean piece of parchment paper over the cake (make sure the paper is big enough to hang with over the pan so you can hold on to it when you flip the cake). DO NOT grease or flour the paper. Flip the hot cake over on the clean parchment paper, remove the baked on parchment paper , roll the hot cake up in the clean parchment paper. let the cake cool completely before adding the cream cheese filling. Have eggs at room temperature, and beat on high speed until eggs are thick, pale, and fluffy (5-10 minutes).
- 95g (¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 225g (8 ounces) cream cheese room temperature
- 35g (2.5 tablespoons) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 115g (1 cup) powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.