We use a hand mixer and blend the ingredients in a 4-cup measuring cup rather than using a food processor or blender. It works just as well and makes for easier filling of the popover cups! Room temperature ingredients work best. Leave eggs and milk out of refrigerator for several hours before beginning to make the popovers.
- 1 tablespoon salted butter melted and cooled, plus extra at room temp. for pan
- 4¾ ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease popover pan with butter.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Divide batter evenly among cups of popover pan; each should be about one-third to one-half full.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove popovers to cooling rack and pierce top of each with a knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.