This recipe comes from Baked by an Introvert. Rich wants to try pineapple cupcakes, and I think it’s a great idea! This recipe uses a coconut frosting, but we used chocolate frosting instead. Makes 12 cupcakes.
- 1⅔ cups (216 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup (53 g) light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8-ounce can (234 g) crushed pineapple undrained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar, continue to beat for 3 minutes.
- With the mixer set to low, beat in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in the crushed pineapple and its juice. Add the flour, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (mine take 18) or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Top with coconut buttercream frosting.