Great as a buttercream alternative to Fluffy Orange Honey Frosting for Earl Grey cupcakes!
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 drops orange oil
- pinch of salt optional; only if using unsalted butter
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and honey until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time, scraping the bowl as you go.
- Add salt if using, continue mixing until fully combined.
- Add orange oil 1 drop at a time, mixing thoroughly, until desired taste is reached. A drop goes a very long way!