Mom’s favorite brownies. They always turn out thick, chewy, rich and delicious!
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Mix and sift flour and salt. Add gradually, mixing well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.