- 4 cups flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- ½ pint sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 jar apricot preserves (first filling)
- 3 egg whites (stiffly beaten; for second filling)
- ½ cup sugar (for second filling)
- 1 cup ground walnuts (for second filling)
- 1 jar prune lekvar
- Cut the shortening into the flour, adding baking powder, salt, sugar, and the lemon rind. Add egg yolks and sour cream. Mix well.
- Make four equal balls, one for each layer. Roll out first ball and line well into greased 10x15x1 inch pan. Spread with apricot preserves.
- Roll out second ball, place over apricot filling and spread with nut filling.
- Roll out third ball, place over nut filling and spread with lekvar.
- Roll out fourth ball and place over lekvar. Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes.