From Barefeet in the Kitchen. I halved the recipe (using 2 eggs), used a bit less sugar, and baked in an 8x8-inch pan for 34 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. The eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step. This mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Spread in a buttered 9x13-inch pan. Bake for around 40 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into small slices.