Baked in a scone pan, these come out perfectly portioned and golden brown in 15 minutes.
- 1 cup (~154 g) corn meal we prefer Indian Head yellow
- 1 cup (130 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- heaping ⅓ cup chopped jalapeño peppers optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix oil, egg and milk together, and add to dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Bake in a greased 9” x 9” x 2” pan for 20-25 minutes for cornbread, 14-15 minutes for muffins.