Works well on cocoa brownies. Makes enough for a light layer on a 8” x 8” pan of brownies or cake.
- 42.5 grams (1½ ounces) cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter salted is fine
- 120 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar sifted
- 20.5 grams (¼ cup) natural cocoa power sifted; 18.75 grams if using Dutch processed
- dash salt if using unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons milk or cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.