Not too sweet; these could easily pass for blueberry muffins. Rich loves the texture of the dough!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 drop red food coloring optional
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil and eggs until smooth. Add rose water and red food coloring, if using (only enough to give batter a light pink tint), beating well. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 27 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with whipped cream frosting.