- 2 cups dried apricots
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons amaretto or fresh lemon juice
- Place apricots in medium saucepan, cover with water, and simmer about 10-15 minutes until apricots are soft.
- Drain the apricots, reserving about 1 tablepoon of the liquid.
- Put the apricots into a food processor with the other ingredients, and puree. Add some of the reserved liquid if the mixture seems too stiff to be spreadable.
- About half of this recipe works well for me to make 6 buns with half of the Basic Sweet Dough recipe. I roll the dough to a 9”x18” rectangle, spread on the filling, fold in thirds, and slice into 6 strips. Twist the strips like for cardamom buns and bake in the buttered wells of the bun pan for 16-17 minutes at 375°F.