- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups dried apricots chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Pour boiling water over apricot pieces in a small bowl. Cool.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Stir in cooled apricots and water.
- Pour in flour mixture, and stir until moistened. Turn batter into greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes, or until it tests done. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan to rack. Cool.